In this fast-paced world, social media has become important more than ever, therefore failing to implement its strategy on social platforms can put your efforts in vain. Too many business people rely on shaping their social selling strategy without looking at the data that can otherwise derive great results.
Therefore to help you out, we have compiled a list of social selling statistics to give you meaningful insights. Moreover, they will help you approach your followers in the right way.
Let’s look at social selling statistics one by one.
40+ Social Selling Statistics
1. According to Statista, 22% of the world’s population has a Facebook account.
2. According to (LinkedIn), over 600 million people own LinkedIn accounts across 200+ countries.
3. According to (LinkedIn), 90% of top-performing salespeople now utilize social media as part of their sales strategy.
4. According to (A Sales Guy), 54% of sales representatives using social media can track their social media usage back to at least one closed deal.
5. According to (PEW Research), Facebook is still the most widely utilized social media platform, with 79% of American internet users.
6. According to (ComScore), a staggering 80% of the time spent on social media platforms occurs on mobile devices.
7. According to (PEW Research), over 56% of internet users have one social media account.
8. According to (Hootsuite), nearly half of the world’s population (3.03 billion people) has at least one social media account.
9. As per (DemandGen), 77% of B2B buyers declared they did not talk with a sales agent until after performing independent research.
10. As per (Adam Global), 53% of sales agents want to help better understand social selling.
11. According to (LinkedIn), Sales agents that have high social network activity receive 45% more sales opportunities and are 51% more likely to reach their sales targets.
12. According to (Social Media Today), employee-generated content receives 8X more engagement than content shared by brand channels.
13. As per (Marketing Advisory Network), brand messages reached 561% further when shared by employees compared to the same messages shared via official brand social channels.
14.. According to (EveryoneSocial), 93% of sales executives have not received formal social selling training.
15. According to EveryoneSocial, a good social selling program can drive 16% better win rates, 2x pipeline, and deliver 48% better deals.
16. According to (Statista), there were 3.6 billion active social media users across the globe in 2020.
17. According to (LinkedIn – State of Sales Report 2016), over 70% of sales professionals and 90% of top performers use social selling tools.
18.As per (LinkedIn – Social Selling Index), 78% of social sellers make more sales than their counterparts who aren’t utilizing social media.
19. According to (Forrester), nearly 70% of marketers but only 50% of sellers utilize social media to know buyer preferences and requirements.
20. According to (SalesforLife), organizations with constant social selling processes are 40% more likely to hit revenue goals than non-social sellers.
21. According to (LinkedIn), 50% of revenue is influenced by social selling in 14 common industries, which involves computer software, healthcare, and marketing & advertising.
22. According to (LinkedIn), 90% of decision-makers never respond to a cold call, but 75% of B2B buyers make use of social media to make purchasing decisions.
23. According to (Forrester), a lack of confidence about engaging on social networks is amongst the common issues that sales teams encounter when it comes to social sales.
24. According to (LinkedIn – State of Sales Report 2019 Pocket Guide), most professionals prefer using LinkedIn for sales.
25. According to (LinkedIn – State of Sales Report 2019 Pocket Guide), Trust plays a most significant factor when it comes to finalizing deals for sellers and decision-makers.
26. As per (IDC), 75% of B2B customers and 84% of C-level executives are influenced by social media when making purchasing decisions.
27. According to (LinkedIn – State of Sales Report 2019 Pocket Guide), 96% of business experts should be more willing to buy products or services from businesses whose sales professionals comprehend their business needs.
28. According to (CSO Insights), 39% of B2B professionals state that social selling lowers their lead search time, while 33% improves their number of leads.
29. According to (LinkedIn – State of Sales Report 2019 Pocket Guide), sales technology helps nearly three-quarters of sales professionals close more deals.
30. According to (LinkedIn – State of Sales Report 2019 Pocket Guide), planned investment in sales tech grew by 53% in the past five years.
31. According to (CSO Insights), nearly 70% of sales professionals use social selling tools for lead development.
32. According to (LinkedIn – State of Sales Report 2019 Pocket Guide), over half of sales professionals use Salesforce and Microsoft Dynamics CRM tools.
33. As per (Sales for Life), companies with formalized social selling processes are 40% more likely to hit revenue goals.
34. According to (Sales For Life), 48% of companies identified expanding reach to new buyers as a benefit of social sales.
35. According to (HubSpot), 61% of US marketers leverage social media for lead generation.
36. According to (LinkedIn – Social Selling Index), leaders in social sales create 45% more opportunities than their lower-SSI peers and are 51% more likely to reach their quotas.
37. According to (Linkedin), Only 36% of B2B executives believe that sales reps truly understand their business problems and offer clear solutions.
38. According to (LinkedIn – State of Sales Report 2019 Pocket Guide) most decision-makers (89%) find consistent marketing and sales language important. Still, nearly half (48%) say they receive different information from the sales and marketing teams.
39. As per (CSO Insights), 31% of B2B professionals say they can build deeper relationships with their clients thanks to social sales.
40. According to (Small Biz Trends), over 56% of online adults use more than one social media platform.
41. According to (Statusbrew), nearly half the world’s population (3.03 billion people) is on some type of social media.
So these are some of the most important social selling statistics you should be aware of.
After reading this social selling statistics post, you may have realized the importance of social media. Not only, they are effective but crucial for business growth. We hope that you find this post useful.