Email is one of the most effective marketing tools that allow you to create a fluid, interconnected, and undisrupted buyer’s journey. Not only this, more importantly, email marketing enables you to build relationships with leads, consumers, and past customers. It’s your chance to talk directly to them in their inbox, at a convenient time for them.
If you couple it with the right messaging, email can become one of your most impactful marketing channels.
Let’s have a look at email marketing statistics one by one.
50+ Email Marketing Statistics You Should Know
1. According to (Statista), the daily number of emails sent in 2022 is predicted to be 333.2 billion.
2. According to (Statista), email marketing revenue is projected to be $9.62 billion by the end of 2022.
3. According to (GetResponse), emails with graphics have a 1.12% higher click-through rate than emails without any.
4 As per (DMA), The lifetime value of a single email address has risen by 33%.
5. According to (OptinMonstor), 99% of users check their email every day.
6. As per (Litmus), 41.5% of brands state that email marketing is essential to their company’s success.
7. According to (Statista), in 2022, the total number of worldwide email users is estimated to be 4,258 million.
8. According to (Litmus), the most popular email category amongst marketers is newsletters, followed by welcome emails.
9. As per (Litmus), 76% of brands utilize HTML email templates to design their email campaigns.
10. As per (Litmus), 37% of companies are set to grow their email marketing budget in 2022.
11. According to (DMA), 73% of people say that email is their most preferred marketing channel.
12. As per (Biteable), including videos in emails can increase click-through rates by 300%.
13. According to (HubSpot), 20% of marketers improved their email engagement through email design.
14. According to (Litmus), email click-through rates improve by 200% when interactive elements are added.
15. According to (Content Marketing Institute), the top metric that B2B marketers use to measure content performance is email engagement.
16. According to (Campaign Monitor), when text in a call to action button is changed from second-person viewpoint to first-person viewpoint, clicks enhance by 90%.
17. As per (Reply), sales emails that have 200-250 words see the highest response rate of 19%.
18. According to (HubSpot), countdown timers in emails can encourage registrations by 30%.
19. As per (emfluence), B2B email campaigns see a 2% higher average click-to-open rate than B2C campaigns.
20. According to (Content Marketing Institute), email newsletters are the most used content marketing type for 81% of marketers.
21. According to (SuperOffice), 77% of B2B marketers use email marketing to drive sales and website visits.
22. According to (Content Marketing Institute), 31% of B2B marketers consider email newsletters as the best way to nurture leads.
23. As per (emma), 59% of B2B marketers state that email marketing is the most successful channel to generate revenue.
24. According to (SuperOffice), B2B brands send one email campaign every 25 days.
25. According to (emfluence), B2C email campaigns experience 8% more unique opens than B2B campaigns.
26. According to (Content Marketing Institute), 16% of B2C marketers think that email newsletters are the highest-performing content marketing channel for securing leads.
27. According to (SaleCycle), 59% of customers have said that marketing emails have influenced their purchase decisions.
28. According to (Campaign Monitor), 81% of subscribers like to read emails over their smartphones.
29. As per (Content Marketing Institute), 72% of B2C marketers utilize email marketing software to help them with content distribution.
30. According to (SuperOffice), 1 out of 5 emails is not optimized for mobile devices.
31. According to (Statista), 61% of consumers choose brand communication through emails.
32. According to (CleverTap), 80% of people delete an email if it doesn’t show well on mobile.
33. According to (Litmus), the Apple iPhone is the most popular device for reading emails.
34. According to (Mailchimp), responsive email templates can increase clicks by up to 15%.
35. According to (Litmus), 55% of marketers have prioritized personalization for their email campaigns.
36. According to (Campaign Monitor), personalized subject lines account for 26% more email opens.
37. According to (Campaign Monitor), 25% of people who opened an email over their mobile device will view it again.
38. According to (Campaign Monitor), 40% of people aged 18 years or below will always open the email first on their mobile device.
39. According to (Litmus), the most common criteria for personalizing emails, as per 80% of marketers, is name, company name, and other profile data.
40. As per (HubSpot) research, personalizing messages is the top tactic email marketers use to improve performance.
41. As per (Help Scout), segmented email campaigns generate 50% higher click-through rates than generic ones.
42. According to (Campaign Monitor), segmented email campaigns lead to a 760% growth in revenue.
43. As per (Omnisend) study, while 8 am experiences the highest number of opens and clicks, 4 pm witnesses the greatest order rates.
44. According to (Constant Contact), faith-based organizations had the highest open rate (33.06%) and click-through rate (2.56%) in 2021.
45. According to (Campaign Monitor), happy birthday emails notice a 179% higher unique click rate as compared to promotional emails.
46. According to (Constant Contact), In 2021, the average open rate across all industries was 22.60%, while the average click-through rate was 1.40%.
47. According to (Dynamic Yield), 71% of subscribers assert that their interaction with an email is influenced by the level of personalization offered.
48. According to (Campaign Monitor), Friday witnesses the highest opens and clicks out of any other day of the week, while Saturday experiences the lowest.
49. According to (Campaign Monitor), the average unsubscribe rate in 2021 was 0.10%.
50. According to (OptinMonster), 1 in every 6 emails is sent in the spam folder.
51 According to (Constant Contact), repair and maintenance companies had the lowest open rate (14.89%), and the transportation industry had the lowest click-through rate (0.54%).
52. According to (Invesp), Welcome emails lead to 320% more revenue per email than promotional ones.
These are some of the most effective email marketing statistics.
There is our list of the top email marketing statistics for 2022 that you must understand. After reading these email marketing statistics, you might have understood that it’s a great opportunity for acquiring high conversions and revenues.