2022 is around the corner, and video marketing is getting better with each passing year. In today’s marketing era, it’s almost impossible to overlook video marketing. It is present everywhere be it traditional broadcast spots, social ads, digital OOH placements, and numerous other channels that are valuable to marketing success.
Utilizing video raises the bar across all the channels, be it owned, earned, or paid, and it’s anticipated that it is going to dominate the marketing field in 2022 as well.
If you’re still not sure about it, here are some video marketing statistics that demonstrate the importance of video marketing for 2022.
50+ Effective Video Marketing Statistics
1) 87% of business-related video content is still viewed on a desktop (VidYard)
2) Most engaging videos are up to 2 mins long. After 2 minutes, there is a significant drop in engagement for videos. Nevertheless, if you have a long video and people make it beyond 6 minutes – there are hardly any drop-offs in engagement. (Wistia)
3) 52% of viewers see a video all the way through, and just 25% finish watching a video if it’s 20 minutes or more. (VidYard)
4) More than 90% of consumers watch videos with the sound off, and 50% depend on captions that makes it imperative to optimize videos for silent viewing. (Verizon & Publicis)
5) The completion rate of interactive videos are 90% (Social Media Week)
6) The study by (HubSpot) personalized videos are 35% more likely to engage viewers than non-personalized videos.
7) 65% of watchers skip online video ads. (CNBC, 2017)
8) (HubSpot) study says, videos that are up to 90 seconds have a 50% retention rate.
9) Research by (HubSpot), in the US, the most favored viewing time for online videos is Wednesday between 7 AM-11 AM PST.
10) Video posts on social media lead to 48% more views. (The Marketing Helpline)
11) Half of all the videos that were created last year (56%) were less than 2 minutes long (HubSpot)
12) Only the top 5% of videos keep 77% of viewers on average until the last second. (HubSpot)
13) A study by (HubSpot) Only 73% of people enjoy seeing “entertaining” videos on social media
14) 16% of social video viewers make use of vlogs to research products. (Global Web Index, 2018)
15) 17% of companies utilize live video as a part of their social marketing plan. (HubSpot)
16) YouTube [88%] is the most popular platform among marketers for sharing videos, followed by Facebook [76%], LinkedIn [66%], and Instagram [65%] (Oberlo)
17) 43% of businesses intend to use interactive video in the coming year. (Social Media Week)
18) 35% of businesses utilize intermediate or advanced analytics to track their video performance. (HubSpot)
19) 62% of universal searches on Google possess a video, and 8 out of 10 of those video results come from YouTube. (Searchmetrics, 2018)
20) Here are 38 million active channels on YouTube, of which 15 million are content creators, and 22,000 of them have crossed 1 million subscribers. (Tubics)
21) 65% of viewers state that YouTube is their favored channel for consuming video content. (Limelight)
22) 500 hours of video content is uploaded every minute to YouTube as of 2019. (Statista)
23) 63% of social media marketers think that live video will become more crucial in the coming year. (Sprout Social)
24) It has witnessed an 80% rise in users spending time watching video on the platform since June 2017. (Instagram)
25) 60% of Instagram videos on Stories are watched with the sound on. (Instagram)
26) 89% of video marketers state video gives them a good ROI, 83% of video marketers state video assists them with lead generation, and 87% of video marketers state video has improved traffic to their website. (Wyzowl)
27) Promotional videos for a product or service, brand storytelling videos, and product demos are the most typical video types employed by marketers. (HubSpot)
28) 85% of businesses utilize video as a marketing tool. (Wyzowl)
29) 71% of B2B marketers and 66% of B2C marketers make use of video marketing. (Wyzowl)
30) 80% of video marketers state video has directly supported increased sales, and 95% of video marketers plan to improve or maintain video spending in 2020. (Wyzowl)
31) 80% of marketers make videos that are 3 minutes or less. (Wyzowl)
32) Marketers, on average, improve digital video budgets by 25% year on year. (IAB)
33) The video marketing industry in the US alone is worth $135 billion. (Social Media Week)
34) Utilizing stickers on Instagram Stories can boost viewership by 83%. (Facebook)
35) 1/3 of the most-watched Instagram Stories came from business profiles (Sprout Social),
36) Video posts on Instagram lead to twice as much engagement than other types of posts. (Search Engine Journal)
37) 41% of video marketers utilize webinars as a channel – 83% claim success, and 37% plan to keep utilizing it as a part of their marketing strategy. (Social Media Week)
38) (SalesLoft, 2018) report, sales teams that utilize videos in their emails witness a 16% more open rate and a 26% upsurge in replies.
39) Saas companies that had a video in their bid got a 41% higher closing rate (Proposify)
40) (HubSpot, 2020) study, companies that make use of advanced analytics to gauge the performance of their videos are more likely to expand their video budget.
41) Event service companies whose proposals included a video also had a 103% higher closed rate. (Proposify)
42) Companies and organizations that make over 51 videos in a year grew from 13% in 2019 to 46% in 2020. (Demand Metric & Vidyard Report 2020)
43) 91% of marketers think that the pandemic has made video essential for businesses and brands. (HubSpot)
44) 60% of video marketers predict their 2022 to be affected. Additionally, 70% of these video marketers state that they expect an upsurge in their budget, whereas 30% say it will be cut short. (HubSpot)
45) 96% of consumers state that the pandemic has raised the amount of video content they have consumed online. (HubSpot)
46) 96% of video marketers plan to keep or improve their spending on video in 2022. (HubSpot)
47) Small and medium-sized organizations (57% each) both depend majorly on internal resources when it comes to developing video content. (Demand Metric & Vidyard Report 2020)
48) Emails that have videos in them enhance the click-through-rate by 300% (Campaign Monitor)
49) 13% of marketers don’t utilize video as a part of their approach because they lack the time, 20% of marketers say it is too expensive, and 17% don’t understand where to start. (Wyzowl)
50) 9% of marketers haven’t utilized video as a part of their content strategy to include it in 2022. (Hubspot)
51) 9 out of 10 people like to see more videos from brands and companies. (Hubspot)
These are 51 video marketing statistics that will help you understand the importance of it.
After reading the video marketing statistics mentioned above, you may have realized the importance of the growing need for video marketing. So, start leveraging video content to boost your business and brand.