The needs and expectations in the B2B marketing sector keep changing. Only those brands that adjust to those can offer relevant products and services, and thereby, grow and thrive in 2022 and beyond. Knowing the current B2B marketing trends and statistics helps them understand what’s going on in this complicated field.
To help brands and businesses that want to flourish in this competitive world, we’ve compiled a list of the marketing statistics in the B2B sector. Go through our long list of 31 critical B2B marketing statistics for 2022.
B2B Marketing Statistics Related to Marketing Teams
A marketing team is the backbone of a company’s marketing activities. For it performs many essential roles in marketing its products and services. Here are B2B marketing statistics about marketing teams.
- 41% of B2B companies perform their end-to-end marketing activities in-house. And about 60% of them outsource these activities (like content writing, keyword research, ad management, etc.) to
freelancers, agencies, etc. That is, they get some kind of help from third-party experts (Statista).
- 50% of B2B marketing teams hand over at least one of their content marketing activities to a content service provider (Content Marketing Institute).
- 84% of B2B marketing teams who outsource some of their content marketing activity specify that they hand over content creation (Content Marketing Institute).
- 31% of B2B marketing teams who outsource some of their content marketing activity mention that they hand over content distribution (Content Marketing Institute).
- A 31% increase in the size of the average B2B content team was witnessed in 2021 compared to how it was a year ago (Content Marketing Institute).
B2B Marketing Statistics Related to Content Marketing
No matter whether it is the year 2010 or 2022, content is the king when it comes to digital marketing. For it helps create brand awareness, keep customers engaged with a brand, build brand affinity, foster relationships, improve conversions, and more. Here are B2B marketing statistics pertaining to content marketing.
- 77% of B2B companies have a strong content marketing strategy (HubSpot State of Marketing Report).
- 41% of B2B buyers always consume a minimum of 3 pieces of content before getting in touch with a salesperson. This makes it crucial for firms to prioritize content marketing (DemandGenReport).
- Nearly 70% of B2B buyers mentioned that they look for and consume content directly from a seller’s website (99 Firms).
- 70% of businesses that took part in a recent study stated that the pandemic notably affected their content marketing strategy and content creation process. 22% of them referred to those as short term whereas 66% of them stated that they were both long and short term (Content Marketing Institute).
- When asked about the speed with which firms responded to the pandemic, 83% stated that they quickly modified their content marketing (Content Marketing Institute).
- Regarding the effectiveness of the changes made to their content marketing strategy, 80% said that they were quite effective, and 86% that the effect of those will linger shortly as well (Content Marketing Institute).
- 59% of marketers perform content marketing using videos, making this visual marketing media the most-used content format (HubSpot).
B2B Marketing Statistics Related to Marketing Budget
A marketing budget plays a vital role in providing a clear sense of direction for businesses to manage their marketing efforts. Read our B2B marketing statistics related to the marketing budget of businesses around the world.
- Though marketing is crucial for a firm’s success, only 25% of B2B firms assign only 5% of their total budget towards marketing. Of these, only 8% allocate over 15% to marketing (Statista).
- 46% of B2B firms have decided to increase their content marketing budget in the next 12 months. Only 4% of survey respondents plan to lower it (Statista).
- 51% of B2B businesses that outsource their marketing are facing issues with budget (Content Marketing Institute).
- 55% of B2B digital marketing budgets are assigned toward those channels that facilitate creating a more personalized B2B purchasing process (DealInsight).
- 47% of B2B businesses report that re-assigning the budget from physical stores to online stores has worked well for them (On24).
- B2B firms in the insurance, finance, and banking sectors allocate 14% of their total budget to marketing. B2B firms in the manufacturing niche spend 26% of it on marketing. And those in the healthcare niche spend 18% on it (Thrivemyway).
B2B Marketing Statistics Related to Social Media Marketing
Social media marketing refers to marketing carried out through various social media networks like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc. Here are B2B marketing statistics about social media marketing.
- 95% of B2B marketers use social media marketing. So, social media content is the most widely-used type of content. 19 in 20 marketers use LinkedIn and Twitter to influence buyers (Content Marketing Institute).
- 84% of B2B executives are influenced by social media while making buying decisions (Leadspace).
- 4 in 5 B2B leads from social media are gained via LinkedIn (LinkedIn).
B2B Marketing Statistics Related to Automation
Automation became a leading trend post the pandemic. Besides, helping businesses easily perform monotonous tasks it also enables them to be available to consumers round-the-clock. Here are statistics related to B2B marketing regarding marketing automation.
- Email marketing is one of the top three techniques used by email marketers to enhance performance (HubSpot).
- 23% of marketers who use automation for their marketing are automating content delivery (HubSpot).
- 68% of firms have adopted some kind of automation (HubSpot).
B2B Marketing Statistics Related to Emerging Marketing Trends
Here are the stats about the techniques and channels companies are employing or planning to utilize in their business growth strategy in 2022.
- 34% of Global marketing professionals specified investing in influencer marketing in 2022. It seems that influencer marketing will soon become a common marketing technique rather than just a trend (HubSpot).
- The second most successful marketing trend that marketers are leveraging is short-form content. Over 31% of global marketers are investing in it currently and 46% of them find those well-performing and engaging (HubSpot).
- 33% of B2B buyers are looking to buy products through mobile devices and social platforms than before. This makes social media marketing and mobile optimization important more than before (TrustRadius).
- 8% of global marketers say that permanent social media posts generate the highest ROI. And 25% of them called short-lived (ephemeral) content the least effective. So, 44% of global marketers have decided to increase investing in permanent posts. And 37% have decided to decrease investing in short-lived posts (HubSpot).
- The many global events that occurred in 2020 and 2021 triggered the desire in modern consumers to buy from socially responsible organizations. So, 45% are planning to invest in it in 2022 (HubSpot).
- Experiential marketing fell steeply down in 2020 and 2021 as public places were shut down and offering these digitally through Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR) were quite expensive. In 2022, these are re-entering with renewed vigor as the word has got back to normality and digitally immersive platforms become more accessible to larger audiences. 48% of marketers plan to invest in it in 2022 (HubSpot).
- 84% of marketers surveyed plan to invest in Search Engine Optimization for viral marketing in 2022. 28% of them stated that they’re currently using it and 49% stated that it is effective (HubSpot).
- 51% of marketers were employing virtual events in 2021. 17% of them have planned to lower their investment in it this year (HubSpot).
- Consumers view native ads 50% more than they view banner ads. So, 23% of global marketers plan to use it in their marketing mix in 2022 (HubSpot).
Considering how fast the industry develops and evolves, staying abreast with the latest marketing trends may seem a daunting task. However, knowing these are crucial for businesses so that they can stay relevant. Going through our list of B2B marketing statistics would have helped you in this regard. So, derive useful insights from them and apply them to your marketing efforts this year.
Business-related statistics help business managers to evaluate past performances, forecast future business practices, and thereby, successfully lead the organizations they work for. Stats can define markets, help set prices, determine advertising modes, understand market fluctuations, and respond to altered consumer demands.
Statistics related to business operation, finance, and customers are vital for marketing. That is why such data is obtained from different sources and locations.
The fastest-growing industry segments concerning marketing are the mobile and social sectors. So, it is challenging for many businesses to keep updated in reaching their audiences through mobile devices and social networks.