Goals play a crucial role in your life. It gives direction to your aim and organization; therefore, establishing business goals keeps you focused. It helps you visualize where you want to be and enables you to plan to get there. For instance, it includes building brand awareness, demonstrating thought leadership, generating marketing qualified leads, enhancing brand engagement, improving the quality and quantity of leads, etc.
What are Marketing Goals?
Marketing goals are defined as objectives and growth-driven benchmarks that a company strives to achieve through marketing strategies. It also refers to a marketing objective that clarifies a marketer’s direction on essential and unnecessary.
For instance, a digital marketing campaign can boost website traffic, expand email lists, earn more social media followers, convert target audiences, etc. In addition, setting marketing goals provide direction to a company’s marketing efforts. According to research, marketers who established goals are 376% more thriving than those who did not.
Goals are a vital part of the marketing plan. As a result, marketers usually set SMART goals.
Now you must be wondering what SMART marketing goals are and why they are important.
What Are SMART Marketing Goals?
SMART stands for Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, and Time-Bound.
Why are SMART marketing goals important?
- S for Specific: Your goals must be specified and defined. It eradicates the scope of confusion and improves accountability and responsibility.
- M for Measurable: It becomes easy for a company to track its progress when you have measurable goals. Therefore, marketing goals for a company should be measurable to review if it delivers the expected results.
- A for Attainable/Achievable: Realistic goals are always attainable. It is meaningless to set unattainable goals as it discourages workers as efforts do not result in rewards.
- R for Relevant: When you have relevant goals, it offers several benefits. It should be in line with the company’s vision and objective. Goals that are relevant to the organization are crucial to its growth and development.
- T for Time-Bound: Setting time-bound goals with precise deadlines help you plan. A company must accomplish these goals within a specific period. Otherwise, setting goals won’t give you fruitful results.
These SMART goals provide marketers with a framework for designing their marketing strategies. In addition, it lets them maximize their successes.
Strategies to Accomplish Marketing Goals
Here are a few strategies that will help you attain marketing goals.
Strategy 1: Set SMART goals
As discussed above, the idea behind SMART goals is to keep a helpful goal-setting technique that improves the probability of achieving company goals. To set a SMART business goal, you have to be specific about what outcome you want to get. Also, outline your business goal in detail and ensure it is measurable and achievable. When your high-level, long-term business goals are acceptable, SMART goals are drafted for up to a year. After that, it should be a bit out of reach but still attainable.
Relevant indicates that your business goal must agree with your or your company’s values and beliefs. Time-bound means that there is a deadline for achieving your target. And as the work goes on, be ready to re-evaluate and adjust your plan to reach the goal.
Strategy 2: Create a clear action plan
Planning is usually considered one of the most critical stages when it comes to achieving your goal. No matter whatever your business goals and objectives are, a well-crafted plan is what leads your goals to successful realization.
To prepare a thorough business plan, you have to engage with professionals whose guidance will let you create a perfect solution for setting and achieving your business goals.
So, define your goals, craft a detailed plan, and start letting all your business goals come to fruition!
Strategy 3: Mitigate distractions to achieve business goals
Distractions are inevitable. There are so many distractions out there like smartphones, social media, different information noise, and so on. Given this, it becomes more difficult to stay productive all day.
You have to be aware of your distractions and make deliberate efforts to cut them off. However, eradicating distractions is certainly a helpful strategy for achieving business goals.
To become productive, consider switching off your phone or at least turn off notifications of social media apps and dive into the world where your entire focus is on your goals.
Strategy 4: Employ efficient time management
Another strategy to attain marketing goals in business as well as in life is effective time management. Those who efficiently manage their time can accomplish the highest results.
When you manage your time, you handle your daily tasks more effectively and improve the likelihood of spending time on what counts. It could very well be achieving the big business goals you cherish.
To enhance your time management, try PeppyBiz, project management software. It helps you prioritize your tasks depending upon the importance and urgency, which, in turn, lets you quickly figure out what to do first and, in some instances, what not to do at all.
Strategy 5: Chasing the frog technique
Mark Twain’s “Eat That Frog” technique means that you have to do the most significant task first thing in the morning. Then, after you have “eaten” your “frog,” a.k.a. got the most critical task out of the way, you can manage the other, smaller, and less critical assignments.
While you may not notice immediate results, this approach adds to achieving your company goals and purposes over time.
Strategy 6: Implement the Pareto Principle.
The Pareto Principle, or the 80/20 rule, states that 80% of the results are derived from 20% of all your efforts. So, for example, in sales, the major part of the sales, 80%, comes from the key 20% of the customers.
To apply this rule, First, you need to figure out and focus on the small set of efforts that produce the most significant results instead of going completionist mode and trying to check off 100% of everything.
Strategy 7: Track progress
To ensure that you are on the right track to reaching your company goals, it is essential to monitor the progress constantly. You can assess and adjust the plans to reach your business goals when monitoring.
Progress tracking in business provides you with an overview of how much is done and how much more is left to do. If you use the Goals tracking app, you can effortlessly monitor your team’s progress.
5 Important Marketing Goals
1. Raise brand awareness
Every marketing professional aims to increase brand awareness so that when a consumer requires the service or product your organization delivers, they think of that company first. Brand awareness indicates the customers’ familiarity with a product’s name, image, and qualities. When customers have favorable experiences, they have higher chances of repeating purchases, supporting your mission, and sharing your marketing content. Branding also shows consumers trust and faith in your company if they consider it a credible resource or manufacturer.
To augment brand awareness, you should first demonstrate your brand’s tone and personality, then connect with your target audience where they spend time, such as on social media. Ways to enhance awareness possess:
- Sharing intriguing articles about your company or industry
- Creating polls to engage with your audience
- Posting on social media about the company’s values and culture
- Sharing free materials such as videos, guides, e-books, and templates
- Supporting or participating in events your audience attends
- Hosting contests
- Creating referral programs
Also, look at the metrics such as social media traffic and engagement and website or blog traffic to gauge increases in brand awareness and determine whether you are meeting your goal.
2. Improve SEO
SEO is a digital marketing tool businesses rely on to improve web traffic and brand awareness. The better your web content’s SEO, the more prospects can reach online. Ways to improve SEO include:
- Consistently creating new and relevant web content
- Creating effective metadata
- Optimizing your website for search engines
- Building links
- Finding and fixing site and URL issues
Measure SEO progress by monitoring where your website and content appear in search engine results and keyword rankings and tracking gains in web traffic.
3. Generate leads
High-quality leads are people who might become new customers. Once you determine the type of consumer who is most likely to become a customer, you need to collect their contact information so the marketing or sales department can send them details and promotions about the company’s product or services. You might get leads through:
- Website forms and pop-up chats
- Email newsletters
- Webinars and events
- Social media engagement
- Promotions, coupons, free samples, or other incentives
- Targeted content
Measure lead generation by evaluating the results of your marketing efforts to decide which individuals become customers. Utilize revenue attribution to track and connect marketing campaigns with sales.
4. Grow social media presence
Social media is a crucial platform for engaging with potential and current customers, enlightening people about your brand, and generating leads. You can increase your company’s social media followings on different platforms by:
- Interacting with followers on all social media accounts frequently
- Engaging with other reputable companies or individuals
- Creating and sharing quality, engaging content
- Utilizing keywords to optimize your accounts
- Utilizing hashtags
- Sharing polls, trivia, and contests
To gauge social media growth, track gains in followers and engagement rates on each platform. Determine which posts and marketing strategies utilize specific platforms that lead to the newest followers.
5. Improve conversion rates
Conversions are website visitors who become consumers by purchasing something before leaving your company’s site. Methods to increase conversion rates include:
- Delivering targeted content
- Adding testimonials and reviews to the website
- Writing strong CTAs
- Adding a live chat option to the site
- Making your website neat and easy to use
- Proposing money-back or satisfaction guarantees
You can calculate and estimate increases in conversion rates by dividing the number of people who complete your desired action (making a purchase or clicking on an advertisement) by the total number of website visitors. Then, check whether this percentage continually rises or fulfills your conversation rate goals.
Attaining your marketing goals is what defines the overall success of your organization. However, it may be challenging to always stay on track, considering the fast-paced business environment, multiple distractions, and other factors. But by using these strategies at least, you can ensure that you are following the right path.
1. What do SMART goals Stand for?
SMART stands for
2. What are the strategies to accomplish marketing goals?
Strategies to use to attain marketing goals are:
1. Set SMART goals
2. Create a clear action plan
3. Mitigate distractions to achieve business goals
4. Employ time-efficient management
5. Chasing the frog technique
6. Implement Pareto’s principle